Welcome to Our Documentation Website
We are constantly updating and improving our documentation site and would enjoy hearing your feedback and any suggestions you have for us. Please use our Feedback button on any page to tell us how we are doing!
Access the latest revision of our documentation by visiting our documentation website at http://documentation.commvault.com/commvault or through the CommCell Console help buttons.
Finding User Information
- Are a new user of the software:
- See Getting Started to install and run basic operations. In addition to guiding you through the process of installing and using the software, the tutorial also provides information on the associated documentation resources.
- Understand the features supported by each agent by viewing the agents Features page.
- Review comprehensive information on all the additional options available on the Advanced pages.
- Are upgrading from a previous version:
- See Upgrades for comprehensive information on upgrading the software, including important issues, step-by-step instructions and troubleshooting information.
- Are looking for the new features in this release:
- See What's New.
- Need information on a specific dialog box option:
- Click the Help button in the dialog box, to open a context-sensitive help topic.
- Are looking for information about a feature or product:
- See the Index, or type a specific keyword or phrase in the Search box to locate the associated topics.
- Want to understand a term:
- See the Glossary.
- Are looking for features supported by a specific product:
- To obtain a comprehensive list of features supported by a product, see the web page associated with the product. For example, the Active Directory section provides a comprehensive list of features supported by the iDataAgent for Active Directory.
- To obtain a list of products supporting a specific feature, look at the Support Information associated with the feature. For example, to understand the various options provided by Browse, you can read all about it in Browse Data. To see whether a specific Agent supports a specific feature, or to broadly understand the browse features supported by each Agent, see Browse Data - Support.
- Want to provide feedback, click the Submit Feedback button:
- Want to email a link to a page, click the Email this page button:
- Want to translate a page, click the Google Translate button:
- Want to print a page, click the Print button:
- Want to create PDFs of pages in the Documentation site:
Viewing CommCell Console Help
CommCell Console Help is displayed when the Help button is clicked in any of the dialog boxes in the CommCell Console. In some cases this Help contains descriptions for options that are not displayed in the dialog box. This is because some of the options are specific to a component, Agent or feature and the Help provides a description of all the options that can be displayed by that dialog box. Thus all the options described in the Help might not be applicable to your environment. Where appropriate, refer to the specific CommCell feature or agent for comprehensive information on the supported options.
You can use third-party screen readers with the Commvault HTML documentation.
Last modified: 3/15/2018 8:15:44 PM